Get A Free Consultation.
Call Us. Submit Your Case


Under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), if you are successful in your claim for your employer's failure to pay minimum wages, you are entitled to back pay for all unpaid minimum wage compensation beginning two years before the complaint is filed, or three years before the complaint is filed if it is a willful violation.

You are also entitled to an award of liquidated damages, unless your employer can show a good faith defense, such as seeking guidance or an opinion from the Department of Labor or a lawyer. Liquidated damages are an amount equal to your amount of unpaid minimum wage compensation. For example, if your unpaid minimum wages are $5,000, then the liquidated damages would be an additional $5,000, for a total of $10,000.

Finally, you are also entitled to your attorneys' fees and the out of pocket expenses related to the litigation of your case.

More Minimum Wage Law Topics

Employees Eligible for the Minimum Wage

Current Federal Minimum Wage

Current Ohio Minimum Wage

Current Minimum Wage in Other States

Employees Not Entitled to the Minimum Wage

Tipped Employees

Calculating the Minimum Wage



Get A Free Consultation Now

Email us, call us, or take our Wage Theft Survey to submit your case. All consultations are strictly confidential.

Email us. With this form.

2 + 2 =

Call us. We want to talk to you.


Take our Wage Theft Survey.
Find out if you're a victim.

stop wage theft

Start Wage Theft Survey

Copyright The Lazzaro Law Firm, LLC. All Rights Reserved